Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Golden Delicious Apple Sauce - The best applesauce I've ever had

Golden Lemon Apple Sauce

This was my favorite applesauce when I was growing up. I have good memories of helping my mom make it. The Golden Delicious apples are perfect for the fresh lemon used in this recipe. Since I love the lemon in it so much, I might add a drop or 2 of organic lemon essential oil to amp up the flavor.

You can add another healthy sweetener of choice, but the honey does taste fabulous!


GOLDEN LEMON APPLESAUCE Recipe:

Ripe organic Golden Delicious apples
Apple juice
Raw honey (or a 50/50 blend of xylitol/erythritol for a sugar-free version)
Fresh grated lemon zest
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Ascorbic acid powder (Vitamin C)


Method:

Wash the apples. cut out the 'belly buttons" and cut into chunks.
Cook with a little apple juice until the apples are soft.
Run the apples through a colander, to remove seeds and skin.
Sweeten to taste with raw honey or healthy sweetener of choice.
Add some lemon juice, lemon zest, and ascorbic acid for tang, to taste.
You can store the applesauce in Zip-lock freezer bags in the freezer.


Tip:  A good ratio of apples to lemons is 12 apples to every 1 lemon (or more lemons if you like).


Note: It is best to use organic lemons for obvious reasons.


Enjoy,

Leila

No comments:

Post a Comment